Log inLog Out
For YouNewsEntertainmentRelationshipLifestyleBusinessTechnology
Kalewadi locals fear exposed wires


Feb. 10, 2020

A minor incident of electrocution took place recently, following which a letter was written to PCMC, demanding immediate repairs
The hazards of exposed livewires and faulty electricity
have instilled fear among the citizens, who have been pressing for immediate maintenance. Their complaints to the local body gathered momentum after a resident was electrocuted due the cables recently. He escaped with minor injuries.
“Livewires are dangling from the
poles on this BRTS stretch. It poses a risk to the commuters. I cannot understand why PCMC has turned a blind eye to the issue,” said Yuvraj Dakhale, the resident who has complained to the civic body.
He told Mirror of the recent mishap, where a man came in contact with these cable near Dhangar Baba temple. While he escaped with few injuries, the residents are now scared as risky electric apparatus has gone unattended on the road. “The man was fortunate enough to escape. But, who will be responsible in case a major accident takes place. We have submitted a letter requesting immediate attention and have also said that an offence will be registered against them in case tragedy strikes,” said Dakhale.
The residents want PCMC to identify unsafe poles and repair them immediately. They have specifically pointed at the electricity department’s folly as it was their task to tend to the issue, instead of letting it languish till it assumed risky proportions. “The situation might worsen during the monsoon if they are not covered. The civic body will wake up only after a tragedy takes place,” he said.
Additional commissioner of PCMC, Santosh Patil, has assured to resolve the issue. “Any accident minor or fatal is unacceptable and there should be no risk to human life. I will get the problem solved. Orders will be issued to the respective team,” he said.
Sign in to post a message
You're the first to comment.
Say something
Log in