Man City to learn outcome of CAS appeal over European ban on Monday
July. 11, 2020
Manchester City will discover on Monday whether their appeal against a two-year UEFA ban from European football has been successful, the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) announced on Friday.
European soccer's governing body UEFA ruled in February that City had committed serious breaches of Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations and failed to cooperate with its investigation, handing them a ban and a 30 million euro ($33.89 million) fine.
City have denied any wrongdoing and their appeal was heard over three days by CAS last month.
Without Champions League football, City could miss out on at least 100 million pounds ($126.26 million) in prize money and broadcast revenue, as well as matchday and other income.
Earlier on Friday, manager Pep Guardiola was adamant City would be playing in the Champions League next season.
"We are ready," the Spaniard told a news conference. "I have a lot of confidence and trust with the people that we will be allowed to play the Champions League because we want to be on the field during these years."
Confusion over IQOS as modified risk tobacco productLabour Act should be reviewed to accommodate sexual harassment in workplace, says AjuloBBNaija WAHALA- Nengi Is Not Who People Think She Is, See The Real Her Celebrities That Have Suffered Major Wardrobe Malfunction Over The Years | Most Of Them Do It Intentionally To Go Viral (Photos)5 Benefits Of S3x During Pregnancy