10 Medical Items A Man's Medical Cabinet Should Never Miss
Feb. 18, 2020
1. Calamine lotion. For alleviating bug bites you can’t stop itching.
Also read: Accessories Male Travelers Should Never Miss
2. Muscle Balm. For longer-lasting (if less wintergreen-y) healing and relief, we’re big fans of stick-on heating pads.
3. Sunscreen. For preventing sunburn, natch. If you’re someone who routinely forgets to apply this cream, then you should keep on hand another: aloe vera.
4. Box of Bandaids. Get them in a variety of sizes. They not only work to cover a wound, but their magical pain-relieving effect on children’s boo-boos has been “scientifically” proven.
5. Acetaminophen. It’s good to keep both acetaminophen (like Tylenol) and ibuprofen (like Advil) on hand for different uses. Acetaminophen may be better for treating headaches and arthritis.
6. Ibuprofen. Not only treats pain but reduces swelling and inflammation. May be better for fever, sinusitis, backache, muscle soreness, and earaches.
7. Antibiotic ointment. Helps prevent infection in minor cuts, scrapes, and burns. I like the ones which also include a pain reliever.
8. Indigestion relief. Remedies like Pepto-Bismol or Imodium A-D can be clutch when a meal goes south.
9. Daytime/nighttime cold medicine. If you’ve got sinus problems, you may need a medicine specifically targeted to those issues.
10. Allergy medicine. For treating allergies, a non-drowsy, 24-hour antihistamine like Claritin, Zyrtec, etc. is probably your best bet.
Coronavirus: Contact tracing in Wales to start from 1 JuneCoronavirus: Evening update as PM rules out Cummings inquiryZara Abid: Model presumed dead in Pakistan plane crash abused onlineCoronavirus: Lufthansa agrees €9bn rescue deal with GermanyMaximus Meadows: Memorial cattery for rescue cat internet star