Log inLog Out
For YouNewsEntertainmentRelationshipLifestyleSportTechnology
DISGRACEFUL DEATH! 34-Year-Old Soldier To Die By Hanging For Killing Girlfriend Over A Text Message

Josephine Ughweri

Sept. 17, 2019

Delivering the judgment, Mr Gang declared that Umaru “mercilessly took the life of Charity Thomas in cold blood” and had to face the full wrath of the law. This sentence is mandatory; the law states that any person convicted of murder shall be punished with death by hanging. The sentence of this court upon you is that you, Sunday Umaru, will be hanged by the neck until you are dead. May God have mercy on your soul,’’ Gang declared.
NAN recalls that Mr Umaru, an ex-military man, was dragged before the court on July 14, 2016, for allegedly killing his lover. Mr Umaru, a married man, was a private in the Nigerian Army and was serving at the Special Task Force (STF), Sector 7, Barkin Ladi, at the time of the incident, on January 23, 2016. At his arraignment, Umaru faced a one-count charge of culpable homicide. He was specifically accused of killing his lover, Charity, who visited him from Kaduna, by stabbing her with a knife in the stomach, slaughtering her thereafter and dumping the body by the roadside.
According to the prosecutor, Emmanuel Awe, the accused person committed the crime on January 23, 2016, in Barkin Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau. Mr Awe, while reading out the charge, said that Charity’s lifeless body was found the next day, January 24, 2016, by neighbours and some soldiers, who trailed the blood marks to the accused person’s house. Friends of the accused, who were the military men that evacuated the body, also recognised the girl as Umaru’s lover, who was seen with him the previous day.
The accused, he further told the court, quickly fled his base and returned to his family at the Rukuba Barracks in Bassa Local Government. The prosecutor said that a team of military men mobilised and went after the accused and arrested him at his home in the barracks, while in the company of his family. He said that during the investigation, the police discovered several gory pictures and videos of the deceased that the accused took in his phone, immediately after the murder.
Sign in to post a message
You're the first to comment.
Say something
Log in