These Benefits Of Dance Workout Will Make You Dance Whole Day
March. 26, 2020
There are many forms of dance, from ballroom to barn dancing and disco to Morris dancing. Dance has always been a part of human culture, rituals and celebrations. Today, most dancing is about recreation and self-expression, although it can also be done as a competitive activity. Dancing is an enjoyable way to be more physically active and stay fit.
Dancing can be a way to stay fit for people of all ages, shapes and sizes. It has a wide range of physical and mental benefits including:
· improved condition of your heart and lungs
· increased muscular strength, endurance and motor fitness
· increased aerobic fitness
· improved muscle tone and strength
· weight management
· stronger bones and reduced risk of osteoporosis
· better coordination, agility and flexibility
· improved balance and spatial awareness
· increased physical confidence
· improved mental functioning
· improved general and psychological wellbeing
· greater self-confidence and self-esteem
· better social skills.
Getting started with dancing
You can dance in a group, with a partner, or on your own. There are lots of different places where you can enjoy dancing, for example, at dance schools, social venues, community halls and in your own home. Dancing has become such a popular way to be active and keep fit, that most fitness clubs now offer dance classes in their group exercise programs.
Dancing can be done both competitively and socially. It can be a great recreational and sporting choice, because anyone of any age can take part. It doesn’t matter whether it is cold or raining, as dancing is usually done indoors.